400 g St. Dalfour Orange Marmalade
2 tsp five spice powder
2 tbsp sea salt
1 duck, cleaned, innards and excess fat removed
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tbsp good quality black pepper
2 tbsp maltose
juice of 2 oranges
FOR ORANGE SAUCE
300 g St. Dalfour Orange Marmalade
200 g freshly squeezed orange juice
half orange, sliced
50 g lemon juice
50 g sugar
100 g duck or chicken stock
2 tsp cornstarch, diluted with 1 tbsp water
salt and pepper to taste
40 g cold French butter
1. Preheat oven at 180°C. Rub the cavity of the duck with marmalade, five-spice powder and salt.
2. Rub the duck skin with sea salt and black pepper.
3. Roast duck in oven until golden brown (about 45 minutes). Mix maltose with orange juice and use to glaze skin every 15 minutes.
4. Reduce the temperature to 90°C and continue cooking until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 80°C.
5. Make orange sauce: combine marmalade, orange juice, orange slices, lemon juice and sugar over medium high heat. Reduce until 3/4 of a cup of liquid remains. Add duck stock and continue to simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture to thicken, then monte with cold butter.
6. Remove duck from roasting tin. Allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving.
7. Serve with orange sauce, roasted potatoes and green peas on the side.