FOR HONEY CASHEW NUT SPONGE
160 g egg whites
120 g castor sugar
90 g egg yolks
50 g plain flour
60 g canola oil
40 g CED Honey
50 g ground, toasted cashew nut
20 g milk
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a 35 x 28 cm baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Place egg whites in a clean bowl and castor sugar in another. Get ready a hand mixer fitted with whisk.
3. In another bowl, mix together egg yolks, flour, oil, ground cashew nut, honey and milk until well combined.
4. Whisk egg whites until foamy, add in sugar a little at a time, stop whisking once medium peak is formed.
5. Gently fold 1/3 of egg whites into egg yolks mixture. Then fold in the rest of the meringue. Pour the batter into the pan and spread out into an even layer.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked. Peel away parchment paper and leave to cool.
7. Cut the cake into three equal squares. Keep aside until ready to assemble.
FOR HONEY BAVARIAN CREAM
100 g fresh egg yolks
30 g CED Honey
20 g castor sugar
100g whipping cream
1. In a bowl of bain marie, beat egg yolks, honey and sugar until fluffy. Keep aside to cool.
2. Whip cream until stiff, fold in egg yolks mixture very gently until combined. Keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
FOR SALTED CASHEW NUT AND HONEY PRALINE
100 g cashew nuts, toasted
50 g castor sugar
40 g CED Honey
pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place cashew nuts, sugar, honey and salt in a bowl and cook over medium heat until sugar becomes caramelized. Spread evenly on the pan. Cool and break into pieces and use as crumbled topping.
Place all sponges on a tray and lightly brush with honey syrup. Spread honey bavarian cream on all sponges and stack each sponge on top of each other. Fill the top layer with praline crumbles. Keep in refrigerator for at-least 4 hours before serving.
Recipe by Hankerie.